Label: Ostgut Ton
1. Birds Two Cage – Gase
2. Oni Ayhun – OAR 002-B
3. Mokira – Manipulation Musik (Redshape Tape Dub)
4. Patrick Gräser – From Foreign Territories
5. Hauntologists – Untitled (B1)
6. Staffan Linzatti – Morning
7. Jeff Mills – Keeping Of The Kept
8. Silent Servant – Untitled (A1)
9. DJ T-1000 – Metra
10. The Nighttripper – Tone Explotation (Planerary Assault Systems Remix)
11. Charlton – Black Slong
12. Architectural – Looking Ahead
13. Mark Broom – Vault 5
14. Ctrls – Socket
15. Chancellor – Roundabouts
16. Tim Taylor & DJ Slip – New York Minds
17. El Gato #9 – Coefﬁcient Of Friction (Monty Luke Back Catalogue Remix)
18. Radioactive Man – Nastyradio
19. Xosar – Rainy Day Juno Jam (Legowelt Remix)
For a person where musical taste and life makes sense when proceeded on his own terms, Norman Nodge has always inspired many, chosing to remain in a less exposed place than a lot of people similar to his… calibre.
Simply put, doing what he does best is strictly shown in this sixth installment of the Berghain mix series. Being slotted at early nights, tourist prime times or at any time during the Sundays, Norman always remain eclectic, fast thinking and interesting. This mix CD was apparently live recorded at Berghain at some point, showcasing in a very faithful style how he sounds at his residency.
With a brooding atmospheric start off point, Norman paces things up in a excellent manner, where careful yet excellent track selection instantly sets the mood.
This mix will surely fit among the ones where mood swings are the come back point—something that has drenched this mix to the fullest.
While the atmospheric beginning sets the compass correctly, the totally blurred out line from the beginning until the middle part of the mix creates a tension not too far fetched from the actual club nights themselves. This is probably a lot of the reason for the Berghain mix series, which makes this sixth installment one to keep.
Even though the focus is on rough and reduced tracks, they all fall under the same palette of giving away just enough space to keep the pace at a excellent rate. There’s just enough tension all the time, where surprises such as where the next track finishes to leave room for the next, the sense of being truly timeless in a perfect setting hasn’t been this clear for a very long time.
‘Berghain 06′ is released the 22nd October 2012.